After launching the Eat Read Love Pop Up Dinner series in 2013, I was ready to take this concept to the next level and create a completely new and exciting pop up dinner and blogger retreat experience. So of course Bali was the perfect choice! After months of planning it was an absolute treat to host my first ever international pop up dinner earlier this year with some fabulous bloggers and friends at my favourite place in Bali - at the luxury Villa in Bali - Villa Sungai in Cepaka. Eat read love thrives on the wonderful creative partnerships that I have developed over the past five years, and it has been a joy collaborating with many of Australia's great bloggers, photographers and creatives. Such a joy in fact that I couldn't wait to give something back to these wonderful people and say thank you, inviting them on a wonderful blogger retreat at Villa Sungai. After a dreamy week of 'Bolli's and Burgers', Lychee Martinis and too many Kardashian Selfies the last night of our stay was dedicated to the eat read love pop up dinner - what a fabulous way to end a perfect week in paradise. (There may not have been many Lychees left in Bali after our visit)
The eat read love pop up concept is my way of bringing together our little creative community for a meal and a chat, getting away from our computer screens and iPhones and connecting over a meal with friends and likeminded people. After the success of the pop up dinner series and the Kinfolk Dinners in Sydney (which I also host) the Eat Read Love Pop Up Dinner series will kick off again in early 2015 with a series of wonderful events including blogger lunches, pop up dinners, weekend events in both cities and regional areas, providing continued opportunities for passionate people to come together over a meal and chat with our ever growing and changing creative community. And lets just say a #ParisPopUp could be coming soon to the calendar! In the words of Sophie Baker 'Le Squeak, Le Squeal' indeed! I can't wait to share all the plans with you as they unfold.
A huge thank you to these special people for help making this happen:-
- To my girls - Luisa Brimble – Alphabet Family Journal/ Jaclyn Carlson – Blog Society / Nadean Richards – One Fine Collective and Photography by Nadean / Lisa Madigan – Artist, Stylist, Designer and Sophie Baker – Corporate Communications Specialist - THANK YOU!
- Videographers David Child and Katrina Parker stayed on after the Pop Up Dinner to shoot some video footage for the villas. Their work is amongst the best!
- We also had a visit from the very special Lisa Wright from Lisa's Closet in Byron Bay who joined us for the day and evening at Villa Sungai.
- Theresa Shields for coming such a long way to join us for the evening - we loved having you there!
- To my Bali Family - Pamela, Made, Putu, Wayan, Ilu, Bumi and all of the beautiful staff at Villa Sungai for looking after us. We love you indeed and can't wait to return.
BALI POPUP 1920x1080 from Eat Read Love by Natalie Hayllar on Vimeo.
Just got my hands on this super gorgeous video from our Eat Read Love Pop Up Dinner and Blogger Retreat at Villa Sungai Bali. Cannot wait for the next one coming to Halcyon House in July.
Videographers David Child and Katrina Parker stayed on after the Pop Up Dinner to shoot some video footage for the villas. Their work is amongst the best!
For expressions of interest for our next pop up events, please do email me firstname.lastname@example.org