Photos by Nadean Richards for eat read love on location in Bali
Indulge in a Frangipani foot soak at home. If getting to the day spa isn't possible in your budget or schedule this week then you could recreate a little day spa magic of your own at home. This might also be the perfect romantic idea for your Valentine….or you can just take some time out and spoil yourself. The inspiration for this post is from a recent treatment I had at Villa Sungai in Bali (see above) which was so relaxing I almost fell asleep. Here is how you can recreate this for yourself or your partner at home.
- Get everything you need in a small wooden tray. Put on some nice quiet music, turn off the TV and phone.
- Fill up a small tub with some luke warm water and scatter some freshly picked frangipanis. If you live anywhere near the coast they are in abundance on Sydney footpaths at the moment.
- Boil the kettle and pour a soothing peppermint tea. Allow to cool a little and serve in a glass. Grab a favourite book or mag to read too.
- Put on your robe and soak away.
- Once your feet are soaked, you could use this lovely homemade peppermint foot scrub too. I found recipe over at Blah Blah magazine that I though you might like to use.